Layered Space is a 3D engine that lets you positions layers into 3D space.
The initial idea was to create a script that would enhance matte paintings with a parallax effect. The script grew with each project and by time it was transformed into a real engine.
The engine let's you place visuals pixel perfect into 3D space. This way it lends perfectly to animate user interfaces or game elements which demand easy alignment, positioning and control.
Some of the features:
- Places displayObjects into 3D space
- Rendering through native 2D transformations
- Multiple camera support
- Depth of field and fog filters
- Option to create your own screens, cameras, filters ...
- Different z depth sorting modes
- Various events and properties for more control